Speeding ticket procedure

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Speeding ticket procedure

Post by rogb »

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out whether the authorities have tried to serve a speeding ticket by post? The postman tried to deliver a 'lettre recommandee' (needing a signature) to us last month, but we were away for that and for the measly 15 days the post office keeps such letters before returning them to sender, We don't know what the letter is about (the postman's 'avis de passage' doesn't tell you about the sender or anything else) but we weren't expecting anything special and think it might just be a ticket.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Could be a ticket..but you'd better find out PDQ 'cos if it isn't paid within the time limit, a fine will be added!
We received a ticket through the post the other day although nothing was left on the windscreen (ok - Robert did leave the car in a No Waiting area for about 7 minutes) so we're now 35 euros the poorer).
Helen
btw I think the PTT keeps letters a measly 10 days, not 15, but maybe that's just in our village where PTT stands for Petit Travail Tranquil :wink:
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

My speeding ticket just came through the ordinary post and I was able to pay on line.