Ryanair changes

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Ryanair changes

Post by Santiago »

I see Ryanair have introduced some new stupidity taxes.

You now have to be extra careful making sure you don't pay for their ridiculous insurance and another annoying offer "Play and Win" or "Play and Lose" as it should be called.

More attempts to annoy their customers but they still fly routes that nobody else does. And they are cheap.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Pete F
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pete F »

Ah, but...

Another change I've just noticed is that they're no longer charging the £6 per passenger per leg fee for paying them!

I only noticed because they wouldn't accept payment from the Cash Passport card I was previously forced to take out....

It seems to be 2% of total transaction for credit cards, and none for debit cards.

Pete
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

They have simply replaced the credit card fee with an admin fee

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... oft-ruling
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

The 2 % is fair enough. That is what it costs them.

Is the £6 admin fee per booking (e.g. one fee even if for 4 people booking retuen flights) or a return to their fee 'per person per leg' approach ?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Owens88 wrote:The 2 % is fair enough. That is what it costs them.

Is the £6 admin fee per booking (e.g. one fee even if for 4 people booking retuen flights) or a return to their fee 'per person per leg' approach ?
I believe it's per person per leg. Ryanair were always going to replace the revenue that they will lose by doing away with debit card charges and reducing credit card charges - they are now just calling it something else.