please settle this missunderstanding

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

please settle this missunderstanding

Post by opas »

Happily Jen passed her theory part of the driving test today BUT we are having a dispute;*

FEUX de route;
Ne pas utiliser ses feux pour conduire de nuit revient à commettre une infraction au code de la route. Si vous éblouissez d'autres usagers de la route, vous commettez également une infraction.

Please can someone give the correct translation of this, I have my 30 odd year old driving licence holders oppinion, Jen tells me something else.

over to you!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Opas
I've never seen this regulations but I have always known that driving without lights is Okay. When you drive in Paris, taxiis will drive without the lights. In some ways it's okay, if everyone else does the same. The city lights are enough

But, on the back roads I think it's going to be very scary.

The river side of the Louvre, there's some tunnel sections and very often the taxiis are "dark". I usually put my blinkers to turn in front of them and the taxiis light their cars immediately.

I always thought that this rule was only for Paris.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Mrs H

Post by Mrs H »

It means that to drive at night without lights is an offence, as is dazzling other road users.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

To drive without lights at night is an offense AS IS dazzling other drivers ie driving on main beam.

KEY WORDS
Ne pas utiliser - not using...
également (une infraction.) - is also an offense
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

:lol:

Feux de route are the lights that light up interior blue, I call them main beam............the ones you have to dip, don't dazzle, remember that one! :wink:

I nderstand it to say it is illegal to drive with them on. They are only to be used on country or unlit roads.

My daughter says she has been told, bear in mind she has just done her intensive highway code, that you HAVE to drive with them on in an unlit area.

Obviously you would drive with some form of lights on, but main beam obligatory!?
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I thought feux de route just means headlamps. Main beam is feu de route.

Russell.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Opas,
I've sent you a pm (but not about this subject!).
Please let me know if you don't receive it - I'm not well up on pmming!
Helen
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Debeneur.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

russell wrote:I thought feux de route just means headlamps. Main beam is feu de route.
Whoops, I thought wrong. :oops:

Just checked my printed "Code de la route" and it states:

On unlit roads you must use your Feux de Route (main beam) but must change to your Feux de Croisement (dipped beam) when passing an oncoming vehicle or when following another vehicle.

On lit roads outside built up areas where the lighting allows you to see a sufficient distance you must drive on dipped beam.

On lit roads in built up areas you may drive on either dipped beam or sidelights.

Russell.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

russell wrote:
russell wrote:I thought feux de route just means headlamps. Main beam is feu de route.
Whoops, I thought wrong. :oops:

Just checked my printed "Code de la route" and it states:

On unlit roads you must use your Feux de Route (main beam) but must change to your Feux de Croisement (dipped beam) when passing an oncoming vehicle or when following another vehicle.

On lit roads outside built up areas where the lighting allows you to see a sufficient distance you must drive on dipped beam.

On lit roads in built up areas you may drive on either dipped beam or sidelights.
Russell.
That's what happened in Paris with the taxis. They would have their sidelights only.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.