Cheap flights to the UK - maybe not

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Cheap flights to the UK - maybe not

Post by Allan »

I treated our French gardener to a trip to England to attend our daughters wedding but made the mistake of telling him to book his own flight.

He searched Google for 'vols moins Cher' and came up with a site called Bravofly who sold him a 160 Euro Ryanair flight for 210 Euro. The extra being for a largely worthless insurance and administration fees.

Bravofly and companies like them are the reason that Ryanair have added the annoying cryptograms to their website, though it doesnt seem to have stopped them selling on Ryanir flights at a profit.

I see lots of moans about Ryanair but personally I find them really good . Bravofly however seem true rip-off merchants. Having said that, their web site is really good for finding out who flies to various destinations.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

To be honest I think the French are really behind the times in the world of travel, even educated people seem to have a problem with using the internet sensibly to book their holiday/flight/train travel.

I have used ryanair / easyjet/ Monach or other airlines for years to get to UK to visit family or to go on holiday and know how to search out a bargain, I mention to a neighbour or a client that I was going to uK for a quick visit......;;they think I am rich, then think I am a liar when I say the return flight was less than 30 euros!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Helen

Less than 30 euros ?? OK, Opas....spit it out !!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

HELEN

Those of us who are not O'Leary bashers know how to travel, do not be fussy on date or time or airport.
I have just booked 4 return tickets to a mediteranean Island for my winter holiday for less than 150 quid.that works out to about £35 each flight, it would have been much less but I do not have a ryanair cashcard, I am working on that one though :wink:
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thats a bargain. We had to fly back to UK in a hurry a couple of weeks ago and used Flybe Perps to Birmingham and it was more like £350 return for to of us. Yes they were on time, the plane was nicer, Perps was convenient and it was a last minute booking but it is some difference in price. I would say there were no card charges, and included hand luggage, 20 kg of hold luggage and pre-booked seats. Coming back last Saturday was the last flight of the season and there were 18 passengers!!
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I booked tickets on a whim a couple of years to visit my dad, I think the price was similar to that of your flight Sue.....only double it as we went en famile.
As we all know , book well in advance if you can. But sometimes we just have to pay for what is available.
Debeneur.
HH

Post by HH »

opas wrote:To be honest I think the French are really behind the times in the world of travel, even educated people seem to have a problem with using the internet sensibly to book their holiday/flight/train travel.

I have used ryanair / easyjet/ Monach or other airlines for years to get to UK to visit family or to go on holiday!
Maybe the French do not want to go to the UK ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

The 3 of us are going for a week from Montpellier - Leeds during the Half term Hols for the TOTAL sum of 150 euros all fees etc included return. For once i will have to swallow my normal O'leary bashing thoughts!!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

opas wrote:HELEN

Those of us who are not O'Leary bashers know how to travel, do not be fussy on date or time or airport.
I have just booked 4 return tickets to a mediteranean Island for my winter holiday for less than 150 quid.that works out to about £35 each flight, it would have been much less but I do not have a ryanair cashcard, I am working on that one though :wink:
OH, and I just knocked £10.00 off car rental for that week by spending an hour doing a search, and I have used this company before in my holiday destination, so they are not a scam from Nigeria! So 7 days car hire £56.00
Debeneur.