Ryanair cash passport - beware!

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Ryanair cash passport - beware!

Post by nickiwynne »

Hi All,

In the hope that you can learn from our mistake I am sharing this with you....

We have a preloaded Ryanair Cash Passport as we try to come regularly to our place in Amelie.

My husband was booking the next trip and when it came to the payment choices clicked on the drop down menu, saw Ryanair Mastercard (although Ryanair Cash Passport is also there lower down) and clicked on it - Ryanair Mastercard is also clearly printed on the card. What he didn't notice until he had paid was that the administration charges of 6 euros per person per flight had been added........

Not impressed.

What we don't understand is the fact that my husband then had to input the numbers onthe card. Surely payment should have been declined if the credit card company didn't associate these with the Ryanair Mastercard?

We went through the same steps just to check that had he clicked on Ryanair Cash Passport then there would be no admin fees.

We will be writing to Ryanair - can't face the wait on the phone and it will probably cost more than the admin charges incurred - for them to explain how this has happened. Is it that the one card had 2 different 'personalities' which have different conditions attached?

The moral of the story is , as usual, be very careful that you check you ticked the correct drop down boxes on the Ryanair website.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Why am I not surprised Ryainair makes it confusing?

Does that mean you could enter the Ryanair Cash Passport to save the fee and then use any card to pay?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I will let you know, as I will be booking some flights in the next couple of days. I do usually try all the other boxes just to see if I can be let off the charges.......... it only happened once but boy was I chuffed!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

It did not work for me :cry:
Oh well still paying the card charges, but my flights were incredibly cheap at 22€ , but 16€ would have made me smile a little more.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

Thank you for trying!

My husband has written to Ryanair so when (if ) we get a reply I'll share that with everyone.....

Nicki
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

have just got 3 return flights during the half term holiday for the grand total of 150 euros (incl rip off charges) Montpellier to Leeds Bradford. .... so just for once i will let O'leary off for his usual 'sharp practises'....
Mind you it is the 1st. time we have found such a good deal, in advance, during School Hols for years.
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Ryanair Cash Passport

Post by nickiwynne »

Hello,

You might be interested (and surprised!) to know that we received an e mail from Ryainair last night- promising a refund of 24euros (administration charges 'incurred' even though we were paying with a Ryanair Cash Passport).

No explanantion for how this could have happened or apology but we'll let them off this time as it was a prompt reply...

Nicki
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

That's great Nicki. Shows that it's worth following these things up.
Have just reserved flights to Leeds for next week. Is it me, or is Ryanair becoming more and more complicated?

First, it kept sending me into hotels bookings, then I couldnt read the antispam code, then to register, it took me all the way through the do you want insurance, luggage, car hire etc again.

Taken me about 20 mins to reserve and register a couple of flights!! Might just be my age.... but I'm mentally exhausted!! :lol: :lol:
nickiwynne
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nickiwynne »

I am sure all these 'extras' are there specifically to disorientate/distract you from the task in hand!

Nicki
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

And every time you are forced to 'refresh' you have to check that certain 'optional' extras have not defaulted to 'accept'.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Owens88 wrote:And every time you are forced to 'refresh' you have to check that certain 'optional' extras have not defaulted to 'accept'.
I've never seen that, which extras are you referring to?