Directions from Beziers

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Directions from Beziers

Post by joffan »

I have visitors asking for directions from Beziers but I have never used this airport. Can anyone give me easy directions from the airport to the A9. I don't just want an link to a website with directions.

Thank you
Julie
HH

Post by HH »

Out of Airport turn left, follow sign to A9, direction Barcelona, Viola !
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Out of the airport turn right if you turn left you will end up in Agde!! Keep in the right hand lane and its easy with plenty of signs to A9 Barcelona.
Dylan
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Helen

Sounds like me....can't tell my right from my left.
Given instructions on the phone, I wrote down "At traffic lights, turn right" ..........and drew a big arrow going left. :shock:
ymots
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ymots »

Leaving the airport there is no right turn ?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Split hairs why not? When leaving airport car park turn left, when leaving airport road where it T junctions with main road turn right!
Dylan
HH

Post by HH »

Sue wrote:Split hairs why not? When leaving airport car park turn left, when leaving airport road where it T junctions with main road turn right!
If you do not turn right Sue, you end up in Lyon!
I thought I had already answered the OP Query, earlier .
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

I've never been to Béziers airport but one look at Google maps and I can see that Sue's instruction to turn left coming out the carpark then turn right at the T junction is just so straightforward. That's on to the D612 by the way which goes all the way to the autoroute. And I can see that this is what HH is saying as well, assuming the the turn on to the D612 is signposted as described.

Hope you've got a clear idea now, Joffan! Maybe you'd have ben quicker just looking at Google maps in the first place :D
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Please do not panic Joffan, Sue has it exactly right.
All your friends need to do is take the obvious left turn out of the car park..........now I could split hairs, if they are hiring a car they may well be in the car park whose exit leaves them no option but to go straight ahead :wink: so they follow the long narrow country road untill they arrive at the T Junction. Turn right and then either follow blue signs for mororway or green signs for coast road.....Direction Narbonne/Barcellona;
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thank you Opas. It really is quite easy. I think keeping in the right hand lane helps so there is no confusion at the large roundabout where Carrefour is. After that there is a set of traffic lights once through them if taking motorway keep alert for sign off to right as it always seems to come quite quickly!!
Dylan
joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by joffan »

Thanks everyone, it's as clear as mud!!

Seriously, it sounds simple, I'm sure they will easily find the Motorway.

Julie
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

If I can do it then it must be easy!!
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Going TO Beziers!

Post by tubs »

I'm collecting visitors FROM Beziers airport soon, but I hesitate to ask how simple it is to get there!!!!!!
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

It's one of the easiest airports to find and get away from. Anyone with a slight sense of direction and a vague idea of where they are going can manage it. No need to try to explain it here really.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

If you are going on the motorway head for Beziers :roll: then look out for Airport Cap d'Agde.......;
If you are going on the scenic coast road head for , well Beziers and just follow the signs.

I love that airport, someone thought I was a rep for Eurocamps :wink:
Do not say another word Sue!
Last edited by opas on Mon 30 Jul 2012 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Specsavers comes to mind!!
Dylan