Birmingham to Perpignan cancelled?

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Birmingham to Perpignan cancelled?

Post by Kate »

by e mail

Thought I would pass on this information though I have not been able to confirm it personally. My sister had flights booked with Flybe from Birmingham to Perpignan 12th to19th July and she has been informed today that the route has been cancelled. Have you heard about this? The website seems to accept bookings but she has had 2 phone calls saying that the route is cancelled. Any further information will be gratefully received.
Many thanks
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

flybe

Post by CarolineN »

A friend had booked Bristol/Belfast with Flybe and has just been informed the route has now been cancelled ! A refund has been offered.
WHAT is happening to Perpignan airport? the flights are getting fewer and fewer, strange, as 2/3 years ago most flights were over half, if not completely full.
PD

Post by PD »

The world is in a recession, even more so the UK, where they are in a double dip. Like most airlines, Flybe are cutting non profitable routes, if the pre-booking is not there, in today's business plan, the route goes, or parts of it. I think we are going to see more cuts from the UK including Ryanair.

Perpignan is expanding its Local services with Flights to Cyprus, Cape Verde, Taba, Palma and Nantes. Veloia frm their experience at running airports, relise that they cannot just rely on the occasional UK flights to expand.
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rhys »

I think it was Flybe's flights from Birmingham to Perp which I checked a couple of months ago and could not believe the prices - like £500 or something !

Hardly surprising the plane didn't fill up.

When I have got Ryanair [ and I hate Ryanair for all its stupidity and hoop-jumping ] from B'ham to Perp in the past the planes have always been full - so the demand is there, if 'the price is right'.
geoff.smith
Rank 1
Rank 1

ryan air

Post by geoff.smith »

rhys wrote:I think it was Flybe's flights from Birmingham to Perp which I checked a couple of months ago and could not believe the prices - like £500 or something !

Hardly surprising the plane didn't fill up.

When I have got Ryanair [ and I hate Ryanair for all its stupidity and hoop-jumping ] from B'ham to Perp in the past the planes have always been full - so the demand is there, if 'the price is right'.
we love ryan air, 18 years of cheap flights, if you hate em go somewhere else. and pay..cdlm G