Perpignan Airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Perpignan Airport

Post by Owens88 »

Aéroport Perpignan-Rivesaltes
Le trafic passagers à l'aéroport de Perpignan-Rivesaltes pour 2011 a été de : 370 575 (soit 1,9% d'augmentation par rapport au trafic de 2010) dont 112 950 passagers ayant emprunté des vols low-cost (soit -8,9% comparé à 2010).
Passenger traffic at the Perpignan-Rivesaltes airport for 2011 has been: 370 575 (or 1.9% increase in traffic of 2010) including 112 950 passengers borrowed flights low cost (or-8,9% compared to 2010). (Translated by Bing)

So. Low-cost passengers amount to less than a third of Perpignan traffic? Am I reading that roght?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

You are correct, and it dropped too.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

The new managers, Veolia, have been in charge since April but have clearly failed so far to stop the rot. Interesting though that Air France's passenger numbers to and from Paris seem to be holding up despite the ridiculous fares.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

That's because Air France are mainly flying business travellers.
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Perpignan Airoprt 2012

Post by BT »

I went through Perpignan Airport last Oct. Much better than Carcassonne.
No sign of confirmation of extra Aer Lingus flights.

BT
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

During August, an 8th flight will be added between Perpignan and London Stansted (each Wednesday 2 flights, with departure from Perpignan : 10.05am and 3.15pm)!
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Hi everybody! After a long moment of silence, I come back with good news! A new route from Perpignan to Nantes will be opened by the new low-cost carrier Volotea. The route will be opened from Friday, 3rd August with a frequency of 3 flights/week (Tuesday, Friday, Sunday) during August and 2 flights/week from September, 9th (Thursday and Sunday). The flights will be operated with a Boeing 717-200 with a capacity of 125 passengers.
More info : http://www.volotea.com/en/
Polly and Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Perpignan Airport - Navette

Post by Polly and Steve »

Returning last Monday to Perps after a long (too long!) winter in the UK, we were told that the good old Navette to the Gare had been replaced by a regular bus service (No 7). From what we could make out the nearest this bus got to the station was Catalogne (FNAC); we took a taxi as time was tight to make a bus connection. Has anyone else had experience of this please? Apologies if this has already been covered - did look, but couldn't see any mention. Thanks.
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

The no. 7 service is posted on the airport's website. There do seem to be more buses to and fro than the old navette service.
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

dimidu66 wrote:Hi everybody! After a long moment of silence, I come back with good news! A new route from Perpignan to Nantes will be opened by the new low-cost carrier Volotea. The route will be opened from Friday, 3rd August with a frequency of 3 flights/week (Tuesday, Friday, Sunday) during August and 2 flights/week from September, 9th (Thursday and Sunday). The flights will be operated with a Boeing 717-200 with a capacity of 125 passengers.
More info : http://www.volotea.com/en/
Thanks for the post Dimidu
The Perpignan-Nantes link will certainly be of use to us in the future! :)
Cheers :wink:
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

It's good to see Perpignan having a few more routes but Nantes is failing to get me jumping for joy. I'm having to drive my mother to Montpellier today to get back to England. 2.5 hours to the nearest airport servicing London and the SE out of peak season is a bit annoying.
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

you're welcome mrob! :)
I have again good news for you! The Perpignan-Birmingham service which was supposed to be only operated with one flight a week (each Saturday from May, 26th until September, 1st) will be increased from July, 3rd until September, 1st with 3 flights/week each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday! Nothing new concerning Southampton but maybe they will announce more flights as well :)
mammadee
Rank 2
Rank 2

Perpignan airport

Post by mammadee »

My experince of travelling through Perpignan airport on Tuesday has made me even more inclined to use the train. We checked in reasonably early and went into the departure lounge. Although the flight was by no means full, the 25 seats available was totally inadequate for the number of passengers who were travelling.

Also, boarding was anounced before the incoming fight had landed so we were standing in what passes for a queue for almost half an hour.Tthis was followed by the usual scrum to board.

We have received informatin about "joined up" transport in PO. This seems not to include public transport link to the airport. Is this under consideration?

I am sure I'm not the only person who finds these multiple minor irritations a source of exteme frustration
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

In a recent telephone conversation with the marketing director for Veolia at the airport, when I said that quite a few people had asked why there was no tourist info, and PO Life at the airport, he said that travellers using the airport are not their priority, and if they need tourist info, they can go to the tourist office in Perpignan!!! Perhaps that attitude explains it all!!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Did he go on to explain what their priority is?
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

No, I thought at first that I must have misunderstood and the conversation had moved on before I realised that I had understood perfectly!!
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Perpignan airport have long had a policy of no private tourist info. They have displayed Conseil General and Departmental tourist info but not, officially, private companies' literature.

I've always liked the airport. I know it's not very efficient and doesn't have many flights but it's a better airport than Nimes and Beziers in many ways.

It could do with better public transport links. I'm pretty surprised that with the council offering buses for 1€, which are 80% empty, that they couldn't put one on an airport shuttle.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, they have. (private companies' literature.)We have had an official, written agreement wth the CCI for many years as a 'point de chute' for P-O Life. Veolia will now not even display info from the Mairie and CDT. Think they are eventually hoping for big bucks from any body wishing to display at the airport, which is maybe why there has been nothing since Veolia took over.

It's a bugga for people just arriving here for the first time, when the only thing available to them is the navette timetable.

I love small airports, feel so much more comfortable in them, but Perpignan doesnt get my vote I'm afraid either for attitude or service towards its users.
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

A revealing thread. Veolia's priority is the convenience of the airport employees, not the airport users. Anyone know what the new funds are going to be spent on at the airport? Better office accommodation?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Wont be very convenient for the airport employees when there are no longer any airport users. Strange way to run a business.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

very strange way to run a 'business'

I don' really understand why Santiago prefers it to Beziers or Nimes, apart from Perpignan is closer of course.
I have just traveled out/into Beziers for the first time and cannot fault it . It took me to my distination (up north :wink: ) Lots of seating even with a full plane, a small shop if you are in need of something once you have got to the 'lounge'
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Phil Harris
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Phil Harris »

Yes, knowing Veolia's priorities would be interesting. I think I was one of the first to alert to the bmibaby pull-out of summer flights to Perpignan, and the only response to that on this forum was a laconic 'well, that's business'. All very well, but the current mess regarding flights, and the complete indifference to the value of tourism on the part of Veolia and indeed of Perpignan itself, means that every trip from the UK from anywhere but Stansted has to be planned with military precision around flights to Girona, Carcassonne, Montpellier or Beziers. Madness, and no-one seems to care!
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Hi everybody!
Some news concerning Perpignan Airport !

Ryanair re-launches a new route from Birmingham to Perpignan from 30/04/13 to 26/10/13 each tuesday and saturday !

We'll have for the first time 2 airlines competing on the same route : Ryanair and Flybe (from 25/05/13 to 30/08/13 each saturday !)

Good luck to both airlines to fill their planes, hope the competition will increase the number of passengers ! :-)
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

That's music to my ears
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Another good news about Air Nostrum (Iberia Regional) re-launching the Perpignan - Palma de Mallorca route from 21/07/13 to 01/09/13 each Sunday for 162€ return tickets !!! What's more, the airline will increase the capacity by 9% compared to last year's season using ATR72 (70 seats) rather than CRJ-200 (50 seats).
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

And what about allowing P-O Life back in the airport as it used to be, so people don't have to run about looking for one as so many do when they arrive in the region? :roll: :lol:
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Perpignan Airport & PO Live Mag

Post by BT »

Kate,

All they have to do is print off a copy, it's what I do!

Great mag, when is the Spring issue due?

Regards

BT
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

The airport business is a shambles. Like many other things in the PO. It reflects the results of weak political leadership, no clear grasp of relity, and muddled thinking.

I drove back from Port Bou the other day. I went to collect a friend from the station. As we came back along the coast he made a few comments which illustrate the point. Last week there was an operation esgargot from Cerbere to Argeles in protest about the lack of employment, The maire at Banyuls sur Mer is trying to get backing for a 40M euro scheme to expand the port. It will add a few dozen new berths at best. At Port Vendres the 3rd quai project has been abandonded.Last year the unions had a big banner saying "Yes to more jobs but not to profits". At Paulilles the council spent 12M euros clearing the brownfield site. It was originally bought by a developer but an alliance of greens and left wing parties forced him to sell it to the Conseil General at a loss. It has created virtually no new jobs. And the parking was deliberately reduced to limit the number of visitors.

I love living here but in some ways this place is a mess.

Noel
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

BT how many holiday makers bring a laptop and printer with them or indeed stay where there is internet connectivity to do so. Yes they can go to an internet cafe but they would have to be aware in the first place that there is such a magazine to download.
Dylan
franglaise
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by franglaise »

Debbie and Noel wrote:At Paulilles the council spent 12M euros clearing the brownfield site. It was originally bought by a developer but an alliance of greens and left wing parties forced him to sell it to the Conseil General at a loss. It has created virtually no new jobs. And the parking was deliberately reduced to limit the number of visitors.
Noel
It may not have created new jobs but at least it safeguarded a beautiful area from yet another real estate development. In my book it is a good thing and everyone who has been to Paulilles is charmed by the place.
French born but British expat