COVID Antigen Test for return to UK

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Lescr31
Rank 1
Rank 1

COVID Antigen Test for return to UK

Post by Lescr31 »

I am hopeful that those fully vaccinated will not have to quarantine on return to the UK, from the end of July / early Aug. I believe that I will still have to take a COVID Antigen test before returning to the UK. I will be based in Amelie les Bains - does anyone have any experience of the French System to get a test, certification etc ?
Les
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: COVID Antigen Test for return to UK

Post by alan »

Les

There is a lot of speculation about France becoming a green country eg see

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/tra ... te-1083387

As to getting a Antigen test in France before travelling to the UK, you will be able to get one from a pharmacy who will be able to provide the "fitness to fly" certificate. I have the address of a pharmacy who will do this in Argelès but that may be a little too far from where you are.

By the way are you a UK resident or French resident.

Alan
Lescr31
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lescr31 »

Thanks Alan,

I gave the Pharmacy in Amelie a call and they will organise a reservation nearer the date. The address of the one in Argeles would be good for a back up, as we are quite often visiting the beach.
In answer to your question I am a UK resident (live in Brighton) but have a holiday home in Amelie that I haven't visited since last August.
I will see Grant Shaps has to say tomorrow but not holding out much hope.
Les
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Les

Charges for non-French residents have just come in - 29 and 49 euros for lateral flow and PCR tests respectively.

Yes let's see what is announced.

Alan
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Sorry Les

I forgot to give you details of the pharmacy in Argeles; here's a link to their website https://www.mypharmactiv.fr/pharmacie/p ... ol-argeles

Alan
Lescr31
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lescr31 »

one down, now I await any updates on Monday Evening from France
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

So, judging from the latest press reports, anything might happen next week. We may either be free to travel to the UK with no quarantine requirement once we get there, or we may have to enter a 10-day hotel quarantine at vast expense.

Honestly, you couldn’t make it up.
Lescr31
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lescr31 »

I am sick of it ! I haven't been able to visit for getting on a year.
I don't know what to do now 😕
Lescr31
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lescr31 »

I think the UK Gov have totally lost tbe plot,they are quite happy to have over 50,000 new cases a day. Facilitate Covid super spreader events like Wembley, yet they won't let us fly in an aeroplane ?
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

We have morons for politicians in the UK.

Do they seriously think they can play whack-a-mole with Covid variants for the next 2 or 3 decades?
Lescr31
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lescr31 »

So after the French Gov announcement as I am fully vaccinated I don't need a test to enter France :-)
However from the UK Gov to return to England I need 4 to get out of quarantine after day 5, so I can get back to work:
Pre departure, day 2, day 5 and day 8 !!! Are they now saying that the UK vaccination campaign was a waste of time ?