Cherry blossom

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

KayG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cherry blossom

Post by KayG »

Hi,I'm new to the forum so please excuse any mistakes.

My husband and I are returning to the PO for our Spring break -our most favourite place in France.We are always on the lookout for amazing photo opportunities of cherry blossom. Do any of your members have information of the best places to take photographs. We stay in Laroque but know the area reasonably well.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

There must be someone on here that can help, as I have seen a beautiful photo of the cherry trees in bloom with Canigou in the background with a covering of snow, fabulous photo...Was it one of your Thumbs?
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
KayG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cherry blossom

Post by KayG »

Thanks for your replies - we'll look out for the blossom in these places when we're down in the PO next week.
Last year we missed it at its best because of the hard winter. I hope that things are a little bit further on this year.

Can I take this opportunity to tell you how much I enjoy your website and forum threads.It always cheers me up when the weather is dark and miserable here in the northwest. I can almost imagine that I'm on holiday.
cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cufc »

You can also get fab photos of peach blossom with Canigou in background from the orchards around Finistret near Vinca on the way to Prades. The views of the orchards from beautiful Joch are also excellent.
We used to walk the dog round there when we lived nearby. Every season was so different and we ended up with loads of shots on the mountain.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

thumbelina wrote:The photo with the pink blossom in front of Canigou on my FB page, is of peaches and apricots, Madge. It was taken on the road from Thuir to Perpignan.

Yes its peaches and apricots....love that photo x
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Kay and welcome to the forum. I went to the dentist in Laroque yesterday and the blossom along the sides of the voie rapide, with the Canigou in the background, looks absolutely beautiful. The peach blossom is also out and looks fantastic up Vinca way.
The second of these walks http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Ceret,656? takes you up into the cherry orchards overlooking Céret - great up there for a picnic or just to saunter and sniff.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

I agree Kate! That's one of the best places to photograph cherry blossom! You can get Canigou or the Alberes in the background!