Forca Real

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Arthur and Lyn
Rank 2
Rank 2

Forca Real

Post by Arthur and Lyn »

I don't know how many of you have visited the top of this Hill that towers over Millas, but I walk up it at least once a week. Its a lovely walk and takes about one and a half to two hours on a well graded and signed paths. For those less inclined to exercise you can drive up and park just below the Hermitage. Today Millie and I got to the top to find that a huge Mirror had been erected which is an abfab talking point and piece of public art of exceptional quality. Well worth a visit folks, particularly those who may have visitors and are wondering what to do with them. The platform of the Hermitage is a fantastic viewing point with the coast, Canigou etc all visible. I intend to write up the walk for the magazine or the website depends what Kate wants to do with it.

Arthur
:lol: :lol: :lol:
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I agree that it is a fantastic view from up there, I took my dad up there on one of his visits here and I remember him saying` I didn`t realise France was so big`.........by that he could see so far! and that is just our small area, is the orientation table still there? he was fascinated by that too.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Arthur and Lyn
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Arthur and Lyn »

Opas
You shouldt go and see the mirror its a real sight.
Well worth the trip, before its gets too busy with b.... tourists.

Arthur