English products

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

English products

Post by CarolineN »

Hi. I saw recently on a site (can't remember which one ! ) details of cheap uk products in Perpignan. I think somewhere Perpignan North ??? Can anyone help with the location of these items ? Thanks if you can
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

Hi. The info was on the Facebook group page; I saw it a couple of days ago. North of the airport, in Polygone Nord, opposite the big Leclerc is Dealz, which is Poundland.

I went yesterday. There is less food than in Poundland in England (as I remember it, ) but what there is available is mainly at 1.5 Euros (they obviously haven't heard of the new low exchange rate!). I got 3 x 400g tins of Winalot dog food for 1.50, for example
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

dsd wrote:Hi. The info was on the Facebook group page; I saw it a couple of days ago. North of the airport, in Polygone Nord, opposite the big Leclerc is Dealz, which is Poundland.

I went yesterday. There is less food than in Poundland in England (as I remember it, ) but what there is available is mainly at 1.5 Euros (they obviously haven't heard of the new low exchange rate!). I got 3 x 400g tins of Winalot dog food for 1.50, for example
I once won a bet in my primary school playground by eating Winalot for elevenses (it was just dry dog food in those days). Not too bad, but I can't imagine seeking it out.
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

So, you managed 2 days, rather than a week, Martyn? And there was I, feeling all 'safe'

The Winalot was obviously for my dog and was merely an example of the low prices. Without wanting to sound like the Generation Game (for those old enough to remember it!) I also got a baking tray, an alarm clock, a pretty necklace, some crisps, a thermometer, 3 pairs of socks and various other things at 1.50!!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

dsd wrote:So, you managed 2 days, rather than a week, Martyn? And there was I, feeling all 'safe'

The Winalot was obviously for my dog and was merely an example of the low prices. Without wanting to sound like the Generation Game (for those old enough to remember it!) I also got a baking tray, an alarm clock, a pretty necklace, some crisps, a thermometer, 3 pairs of socks and various other things at 1.50!!
I thought it came under the heading of insights that only I could give. If there's anyone else here who has eaten Winalot, pipe up and we could form a dining club and have blind tastings.

It has struck me that pet food is marketed to sound attractive to the owners ("mousse de poulet avec petits légumes" or whatever) although we (or at least I) have no real idea whether it "adds value" to their life. If they are hungry enough, they will generally eat it. Though I once bought some from Leclerc that was so disgusting that my feral cats wouldn't eat it, and I gagged just opening the tins.

I obviously can't communicate the difference between snarky and just a bit lighthearted. Time to shut up again for a couple of days.
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

I can believe what you say about the Leclerc stuff. I read the list of ingredients, protein/fat ratio in my dog's food far more than I do for my own food and generally buy online. I was tempted by the low price but following the particularly stinky farts which ensued (from the dog, obviously!) I will not be making a repeat purchase. I will also refrain from asking whether Winalot had a similar effect on you
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

:cry: :lol: :lol:
That's right. Blame the dog! Looooooooool
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

martyn94 wrote:I once won a bet in my primary school playground by eating Winalot for elevenses
You must be barking. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote::cry: :lol: :lol:
That's right. Blame the dog! Looooooooool
Like the old comedy sketch (Monty Python?): "you've farted in front of my wife!"; "sorry, I didn't know it was her turn"