Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Shore or Rock fishing near to BArcares or Collioure

Post by kenny »

Is there decent Shore or Rock fishing near to BArcares or Collioure please

I prefer to fish from rocks, rather than beach, so I guess Collioure would be better

Is there anywhere accessible near to Collioure , preferably on the outskirts of Collioure (no traffic or parking issues)

Thanks
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

They fish off the sea break in St Cyprien, but in the last 17 years I have never seen anyone catch anything.
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kenny »

They fish off the sea break in St Cyprien, but in the last 17 years I have never seen anyone catch anything....Same as BArcares :(

hopefully better results near to Colluire off rocks, if anyone has anyone for safe places there off rocks , pl let me know
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Try the cliff path from Paulilles to Banyuls. Plenty of access points. Ditto for the path from Banyuls to Cerbere. Please check for zones where fishing is not allowed. Either in the protected areas of the Marine Reserve or designated bathing zones at popular beaches. Every year people die on the Cote Vermeille when they either fall in or are swept away by big waves.

Gus
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kenny »

Thanks Guy, I will be careful

I am not familiar with the area or where of path starts from
Where does the path start from please
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

Try off the harbour wall at port vendres , it's possible to get close in the car
If you have any luck let me know , all I've ever caught is the odd eel
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

The cliff walk is called the Sentier du Littoral. Why not contact the Office de Tourisme at Banyuls, Port Vendres or Cerbere? I've had a quick look on the Internet and there seems to be loads of info around.

Gus
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

I've seen lots of people fishing off the big jetty at Port Vendres, right round in the Cap Béar direction beyond Le Poisson Rouge restaurant. Once saw a Spanish guy with a dozen octopus, bashing them against the jetty!
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kenny »

Will post results, thx all for the info, I wont be over til Sept

I am not expecting much in Barcares where we stay , but it will be interesting to see what turns up in Colloire < PV area
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Ariègeoise wrote:I've seen lots of people fishing off the big jetty at Port Vendres, right round in the Cap Béar direction beyond Le Poisson Rouge restaurant. Once saw a Spanish guy with a dozen octopus, bashing them against the jetty!
Boil in copious water. Add stone; cook until stone is tender. Though in truth I love octopus.
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

An update

Post by kenny »

An update

tried several times fishing from shore various location in Barcares and beach at Leucate Cap, nothing caught

Tried an angling trip from Leucate marina

left at 07, returned at 1200
Prices 35 Euro using hired rod, or 30 using own rod
Comfortable boat, coffee and light lunch included, good value

Plenty of good sized mackerel caught

We saw Tuna 200 meters from boat, but none caught
redneckrover
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redneckrover »

There are "no fishing" signs along the sea breaks at Canet Port, however there are always up to 20 people fishing there almost every day, some using 2 or 3 rods .!!
Never saw anybody catch anything though !!!!
Richard Handley

Rock fishing spots

Post by Richard Handley »

Anse du Portelle looks like a good bet. It is just off the road into Collioure from Argeles direction. There is free parking via an archway under the railway. Then a short walk along the sentier will reveal a variety of rock fishing positions with varying levels accessibility depending on how much gear you are carrying.
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kenny »

Thanks folks, will try the areas you have mentioned