Hotel recommendation?

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

We have been looking for a long weekend in July at some of the better hôtels and they are all fully booked. We can find weekday breaks. We are sorted for August because we were able to plan in advance.
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

I can recommend the Hotel Casa Païral in Collioure - attractive, characterful old building with a nice garden and swimming pool. Also has its own car park, which is a definite plus in Collioure. No restaurant, but there are plenty to choose from in the town. We spent a very enjoyable week there last August.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Daphne wrote:We have been looking for a long weekend in July at some of the better hôtels and they are all fully booked. We can find weekday breaks. We are sorted for August because we were able to plan in advance.
I think it depends on how you book, I've just been onto Expedia looking for a long weekend starting on 15 July and sure enough it showed 11 5 star hotels on the Costa brava all fully booked. I then went onto 4 of the hotel's own websites and they all had availability.

I think a lot of hotels don't offer all their rooms on booking websites as they don't want to pay the commission. On the other hand, I might just be lucky