Which weather forecast site do you prefer?

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Which weather forecast site do you prefer?

Post by Helen »

Here in the PO I find I am much more aware of the weather than back in the UK (but then I've lived in big cities for most of my adult life where dry/wet/warm/cold is just about all I need)

So I'm curious about which weather forecast sites you use here in the PO? My default is meteofrance, but have experimented with others. Bottom line though is that the weather here can change so dramatically, and quickly - like today. I'd love to find a site which has good forecasting for the PO. Which do you use?
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Sav Trivic alerted me to MeteoCiel several years ago and I have been forever grateful. I need really accurate weather sites and this one can get it right to the hour. Especially with the wind speed. It tends to be pessimistic about heavy rain but otherwise great.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

Someone (no idea now who!) put me onto the Norwegian site yr.no several years ago - I use it for forecasts both here and in the Ariège and find it's consistently the most accurate of all the sites.

Here's the link for Villelongue dels Monts: http://www.yr.no/place/France/Languedoc ... els-Monts/
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Thank you - I will definitely try all three sites that you've listed above and see how I get on with them.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

The one which predicts the nicest weather. I don't say that entirely frivolously: it is rarely critical for me, and the forecasts don't in any case change how it actually turns out. So you might as well have nice weather in anticipation.

That said, I don't know which it is here. I take the easy way out and go with metro France: they must have the most powerful computers directed at our weather
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

meteofrance or , more recently, accuweather.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands