John Lewis Store in Perpignan

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

John Lewis Store in Perpignan

Post by GrahamC »

OK, so I know that there isn't a John Lewis in Perpignan but can someone please tell me what the French equivalent might be? We need to buy matresses and other household stuff for our new home in the Vallespir. Unfortunately my knowledge of shops in France extends to a schoolboy memory of Galleries Lafayette and the odd M Bricolage. Advice and education would be much appreciated!
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

hi don't know what john lewis sells but for mattresses and anything for house there is conforama, but and fly. You can get just about everything in any of these stores
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: John Lewis Store in Perpignan

Post by Allan »

GrahamC wrote:OK, so I know that there isn't a John Lewis in Perpignan but can someone please tell me what the French equivalent might be? We need to buy matresses and other household stuff for our new home in the Vallespir. Unfortunately my knowledge of shops in France extends to a schoolboy memory of Galleries Lafayette and the odd M Bricolage. Advice and education would be much appreciated!
John Lewis offers a wide spectrum of products, if you are looking for the higher end of the range try Roche-Bobois at Cabestany

http://www.roche-bobois.com/
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

Wonderful - thank you!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

tia wrote:hi don't know what john lewis sells but for mattresses and anything for house there is conforama, but and fly. You can get just about everything in any of these stores
Or if you want better quality but less convenience, try ikea at Montpellier or Barcelona, or by mail order. Or wait a while: ikea are allegedly going to open in Perpignan next year.

I don't think that anyone in France hits quite the spot found by J Lewis: good quality but not expensive for it. But you could try J Lewis themselves online: they will ship quite a lot of stuff to France. Maybe not beds but it's worth looking.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Following on from Martyn's response, John Lewis will export anything including furniture and beds, at an agreed price, from their export department at their Peter Jones store. You can find contact info on the John Lewis homepage.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

I was in Galleries Lafayette in Perpignan recently and was surprised by their small selection of household goods - whereas several floors were given over to clothes.

As you're in the Vallespir, have you tried Logial in Le Boulou for furniture http://www.meubleslogial.fr? Further afield, en route to Perpignan, there's Meubles Alvarez in Pollestres (meubles-alvarez.com) and close by, other side of the road, is a bed specialiast.

You don't say how far into the Vallespir you are, but for smaller electrical household items there's a Darty at the entrance to Amelie les Bains (across the road from Leader Price) and the staff there are incredibly helpful.
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

[quote="Helen"]I was in Galleries Lafayette in Perpignan recently and was surprised by their small selection of household goods - whereas several floors were given over to clothes.

As you're in the Vallespir, have you tried Logial in Le Boulou for furniture http://www.meubleslogial.fr? Further afield, en route to Perpignan, there's Meubles Alvarez in Pollestres (meubles-alvarez.com) and close by, other side of the road, is a bed specialiast.

You don't say how far into the Vallespir you are, but for smaller electrical household items there's a Darty at the entrance to Amelie les Bains (across the road from Leader Price) and the staff there are incredibly helpful.[/quote

Hi Helen, we're going to be in Can Partere, just beyond Arles. but were not there yet - 6 weeks to go and getting very excited. It looks like Perpignan for the best stores.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Logial in Le Boulou has lovely furniture, the owner is a really nice man AND they advertise on the back page of P-O Life to support the magazine, so I love 'em double, no triple! Having said that, I dont think it's cheap, but they do have some really good sale prices.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

There is a really excellent furniture shop not far over the border in Spain on the main road to Empuriabrava.

It is called Euro Moble de Bru

http://www.euromoblebru.com

They sell top brands of contemporary furniture as well as some traditional stuff.

They have a far wider choice than anywhere that I have seen in France, or the UK for that matter.

They have an excellent English speaking sales person called Marine Leloup.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

John Lewis will send to France anything bought in store in the uk, at a very interesting price!

We bought a decent bed and sofa bed in the uk and used a delivery company on a part load basis it saved me hundreds.