Laroque déchetterie

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Laroque déchetterie

Post by sue and paul »

Does anyone know if the déchetterie in Laroque has re-opened yet after being re-organised?
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

It hadn't, a couple of days ago - think I saw somewhere that it's supposed to reopen on 17 November.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thank you. I'll perhaps nip along and do a little recce. I DID hear it might have been 10th, but maybe it was just a rumour. I sent an email to L-d-A Mairie a few weeks ago with the same question, but it wasn't even acknowledged

Hope your renovations are coming on a treat.
Sue
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I just went up there, and it looks pristine....but not yet open. I ferreted about a bit and found this buried deep on the Mairie web-site. So it looks like next Monday 17th is indeed the grand re-opening…...

Fermeture de la déchèterie de Laroque des Albères
La communauté de Communes des Albères et de la Côte Vermeille vous informe que la déchetterie intercommunale de Laroque des Albères sera fermée du 22 septembre au 17 novembre pour travaux.
Des travaux de mise en conformité portant essentiellement sur la sécurisation du site vont être engagés dès le 22 septembre : des barrières de sécurité seront installées sur les quais, pour les gravats un dispositif spécifique sera mis en place et deux ponts à bascule seront positionnés à l’entrée et à la sortie de la déchèterie.
La voie d’accès sera également modifie afin de fluidifier le trafic et d’éviter le stationnement des véhicules sur les bas cotés.
Durant cette période nous demandons aux utilisateurs de se rendre à la déchetterie d’Argelès sur mer qui pour toute la durée des travaux sera exceptionnellement ouverte en continue de 9h à 18h (du lundi au samedi et le dimanche de 9h à 12h).
Déchèterie d’Argelès sur mer chemin du mas San Père ( 04.68.81.01.07)
Merci pour votre compréhension
Kit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Laroque déchetterie

Post by Kit »

sue and paul wrote:Does anyone know if the déchetterie in Laroque has re-opened yet after being re-organised?
It was still closed this afternoon, so I took my dechets verts to St Andre/Argeles. When I got there they told me I would need a swipe card to access the new Laroque dechetterie and I needed to provide evidence of my address (e.g.an EDF bill) and evidence of my car registration to issue a card. I returned with this evidence (they wanted photocopies to keep) and am waiting to see whether a card arrives in the post! I drove slowly back past the closed Laroque dechetterie and it looks as if there are indeed swipe card readers at the barriers. I have just re-read this and realise it doesn't actually help you much - sorry!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

The swipe card seems to be the new approach to the déchetteries in the region. I was told by a client last week that Thuir has gone the same way, he needed to produce a few documents to get a card, it will cost 10€ to replace if lost.
I was at the one in ille sur tet last week, no mention of an upgrade there yet.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I'm confused about the swipe-card thingy. Just before the déchetterie closed at Laroque we went through the rigmarole of taking our EDF bill and cars' reg's and were given a pass card which we were told to produce whenever we go in the future. It's a post-card size, printed up with logo of CCACV and says "Carte D'Accès aux Déchèteries', and has addresses of all the sites in the area we can access with it (5 in all). But it's not a swipe-card as far as I can tell
mammadee
Rank 2
Rank 2

laroque dechetterie

Post by mammadee »

Love this. THE destination in Laroque!!!!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

So what happens in the Spring when all the mobile home owners and summer rental owners arrive to make alterations and renovations. Where do they take their rubbish if they do not have a swipe card for the area. Are we going to become the largest european fly tipping area. :roll:
Dylan
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

The OH visited the dechette today at Laroque armed with the most important document that exists in France ( copy of edf bill ) , she left it with them and was told she could collect a swipe card on her next visit.
Entry and exit is only possible with this card .