Cycle Route to Argeles

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Cycle Route to Argeles

Post by hamyat »

When we cycled this route in the spring two of the bridges were still down after last years storm; one river we managed to ford using planks that some kind soul had strategically placed but the other one defeated us and we had to take a detour through St Andre. Does anyone know if the bridges have been repaired yet?
Many thanks
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, both fine now, tho they have built kind of bypass 'passages à gué' so the originals are still blocked off. Did it last week with the dog. Fantastic day, superb ride, and some very tempting looking peaches which I resisted scrumping. Not on moral grounds but because I'm a coward and frightened of being shouted at!! :oops: 8)

Have a brill ride

Oh, there is now a new bit going left off the main psycopath, into the centre of Palau del Vidre which was quite pleasant for a change.
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Cycle route to Argeles

Post by hamyat »

Many thanks Kate, great ride.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

All paths lead to Argelès. But where does this one come from? More generally, is there a useful resource for bike routes in the southern PO (short of traipsing round every SdI in the area)? Preferably something hopelessly old-fashioned like a paper map. I say "routes" because I don't attach special priority to their being dedicated to non-motor traffic.