opération tranquillité vacances

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

opération tranquillité vacances

Post by sue and paul »

This might be of interest to anyone in the area vacating their home for a spell for holidays. At the end of the article is a downloadable pdf form, simple to fill in and take to your local gendarmerie. They will check on your property while you are away. There is an option to declare details of a keyholder locally, and give your own contact details

http://www.gendarmerie.interieur.gouv.f ... e-vacances
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

They offered this in the local rag for many years where I used to live in the Seine-Maritime. Given the difficulty they had finding the place (which is admittedly difficult) when I had serious business with the gendarmerie, I took it with a large pinch of salt. But I guess it does no harm if you think the bad guys work office hours (and earlier on Fridays).
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I'm afraid I'm of the same opinion as martyn94, would not trust the gendarmes to do anything if my house was being burgled, even if it happened in office hours. :(
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Can see your pointts if you've had bad experieces with the local 'roberts' but nothing ventured eh? At the very worst, nothing will be any different, so nothing lost....
Last edited by Kate on Wed 11 Sep 2013 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Sure, the robbers don't work gendarme hours, (though our neighbours had a garden equipment robbery in the middle of the afternoon) but at least there might be a chance that any break-in would be noticed before too long, and the property could be checked out and secured by the key holder. It has to be a move in the right direction, even if only to tell the insurance company that you did all you could to prevent loss.