Woohoo! That time of year again.

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

SiB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SiB »

Lunar Park - that's the kiddie!

Any more suggestions for a family with 3 children greatly appreciated.

The wife is thinking of a trip to Lourdes, she went there a lot with youth groups when younger. I've heard its a bit like a Holy Blackpool but we'll see.

Looks a like drive though!

Is Andorra worth a visit?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Here's a few things that sound great for kids if you're around at these times

www.anglophone-direct.com/Festi-pa-ques-Argeles,4239?
www.anglophone-direct.com/CANET-KIDS-Free-activities?
www.anglophone-direct.com/Les-Cypriales-15-days-of?

The Tourist Office in Laroque des Alberes have some great treasure trail games for children (just looking at them now - they send you round the village finding out names and other stuff - ask for Marie Odile)

... and loads of other stuff if you look at the Whats on or the Tourist info part of the site.

Have a great time.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

SiB wrote:Lunar Park - that's the kiddie!

The wife is thinking of a trip to Lourdes, she went there a lot with youth groups when younger. I've heard its a bit like a Holy Blackpool but we'll see.

If your kids like to be stuck in the car for an 8-hour round trip, I'm sure they'll love it. :lol:

Seriously, there are loads of interesting things to do around here. Have a look at the main site, it's crammed with good suggestions for days out.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
SiB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SiB »

Santiago wrote:
SiB wrote:Lunar Park - that's the kiddie!

If your kids like to be stuck in the car for an 8-hour round trip, I'm sure they'll love it. :lol:

Seriously, there are loads of interesting things to do around here. Have a look at the main site, it's crammed with good suggestions for days out.
Ok thanks.

And thanks to you all for the suggestions so far.

Just booked the roof bars for the trip down!
joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by joffan »

Casteil Animal park near Vernet les Bains is a great inexpensive day out for the kids. The park is on a hill side and you walk around to visit all the animals. The shorter walk is about 2km and there is a longer walk of 3-4km. You can buy food to feed some of the tamer animals. Take a picnic, sun cream et voila.

Julie
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

joffan wrote:Casteil Animal park near Vernet les Bains is a great inexpensive day out for the kids. The park is on a hill side and you walk around to visit all the animals. The shorter walk is about 2km and there is a longer walk of 3-4km. You can buy food to feed some of the tamer animals. Take a picnic, sun cream et voila.

Julie
We last visited about 7 years ago, when the girls were about 14 and 9 years old. I fancied going again for a while, but my girls are now 21 and 17!
I look after a french girl aged 11 in the holidays and only speak english with her, today we went to Castiel with my 17 yearold, all 3of us loved the visit, especially trying to remember animal names in English!
3 hour walk, but felt like an hour and a half. Great day out.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

LIKE!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan